ANALYSIS OF LECTURERS’ PROFESSIONALITY TOWARDS PRE- SERVICE TEACHERS’ PROFESSIONAL COMMITMENT (CAPACITY BUILDING OF TEACHER TRAINING AND EDUCATION FACULTY)
Institutes of Teacher’s Education (LPTK) requires to develop some steps to strengthen its internal capacity through lecturer professionalism in shaping professional commitment. Research is needed to create creative and futuristic strategies to overcome the problems: (1) the professionalism of pre-service teacher graduates is still low, (2) Institutes of Teacher’s Education have not meet the standard, (3) pre-service teachers have not been professional. The research was conducted in teacher training and education faculty and the subjects were 161 active students (saturated sampling). Survey method was applied with causal analysis and questionnaire as data collection instrument. Result showed that (1) lecturers were quite professional, (2 pre-service teachers had high commitment to their profession, (4) it had a positive, strong and very significant effect between professional lecturer and commitment to their profession. The research recommends: (1) improving the capacity of lecturers’ professionalism, (2) optimizing students' perceptions on professional lecturers, (3) involving parent roles and related research, (4) developing the lecturer professional and research planning (RIP) policy on learning and academic culture in in Institutes of Teacher’s Education
- Allen and Meyer. (2015). The Measurement and Antecedents of Affirmative, Continuance and Normative Commitment in The OrganizationNo Title.” Journal of Occupational Psychology 1(1): 1– 18.
- Ambarwati. (2009). “Kinerja Dosen.” Jurnal Tarbiyatuna 3(1)
- Ardyani, Anis. (2014). “Analisis Faktor- Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Minat Mahasiswa Menjadi Guru Akuntansi Pada Mahasiswa Prodi Pendidikan Akuntansi.” Economic Education Analysis Journal, 3(2).
- Bogler, Ronit, and Adam E Nir. (2015). “The Contribution of Perceived Fit between Job Demands and Abilities to Teachers ’ Commitment and Job Satisfaction.” Educational Management Administration & LEAD 1(1). http://doi.org/10.1777/17411431 455736.
- Cecilia Lauw. (2010). “Kasus Plagiat Tak Cemarkan Nama Universitas Parahyangan.” Tempo Interaktif Bandung.
- Christianingsih, Endah. (2014). “Studi Tentang Kpemimpinan Visioner Dan Kinerja Dosen Terhadap Mutu Perguruan Tinggi Swasta Di Kota Bandung.” Manajerial 9(18): 31–41.
- Departemen pendidikan Nasional Direktorat Jenderal Pendidikan. 2008. Sistem Penjaminan Mutu Perguruan Tinggi SPM PT. Jakarta: 8. Departemen pendidikan Nasional Direktorat Jenderal Pendidikan Tinggi.
- Effendi, Adri. (2012). “Manajemen Perguruan Tinggi Dan Kinerja Dosen.” Jurnal Tarbiyatuna 3(1): 116–44.
- G, Consuelo. (2007). Pengantar Statistika. Malang: Intimedia Sevilla.