Peningkatan Kapasitas Manusia Sebagai Fokus dari People Centered Development
DOI : 10.24269/ars.v6i2.1068
This article discusses the development paradigm that focuses on human or people centered development. Many development paradigms have been applied in many developing countries, but the results have not been satisfactory. During this time the various paradigms emphasize economic growth, equity of development, and others, but the distortion of development appears everywhere. For example, development by emphasizes economic-growth was followed by massive environmental damage. In addition, poverty is still a portrait of people in developing countries, although the country is experiencing high economic growth. In realizing a prosperous society free of poverty, a new strategy or development paradigm that emphasizes its human factors are needed. In this case, this paradigm discusses the importance of the human element as the 'core' of development itself. If human beings are capable, have sufficient knowledge, adequate skills by themselves poverty will be reduced. Therefore, this paradigm more implies that is a 'capacity building ' of human beings so that it can become the subject of development and not just as an object of development themselves. Capacity building can be achieved through social development that emphasizes elements of education, knowledge, and skills so that they can try or do entrepreneurship and open their own job opportunities. Many cases, various development paradigms that emphasize economic growth are not able to absorb the available labor so that many are unemployed. With the ability of human or people, they have will be able to open their own business and do not depend on the provision of employment from the government. In the end they are able to alleviate self-poverty.
- Aghion, P. and Patrick Bolton (1997). A Theory of Economic Studies. Vol. 64, Issue 2. April.
- Battilana, J. (2006). Agency and Institutions: The Eanbling Role of Individuals’ Social Positions. Sage Journals. Vol. 13. Issue 5. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1350508406067008
- BPS (2016).Penghitungan dan Analisis Kemiskinan Makro Indonesia 2016.
- Cardoso, F.H. and Falleto, E. (1979). Dependency and Development in Latin America. University of California Press. Los Angeles Magid, J. (2012). Marshall Plan. Advances in Historical Studies. Vol.1, No.1, 1-7 Published Online December 2012 in SciRes/http://www.SciRP.org/journal/ahs
- Featherstone, M. (1990). Global Culture. Sage Journals. Vol. 7 No. 2 – 3. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/026327690007002001?journalCode=tcsa
- Geertz, C (2016) Involusi Pertanian – Proses Perubahan Ekologi di Indonesia. Penerbit: Komunitas Bambu. ISBN: 979-979-9542-38-3.
- Giddings, B. et al. (2002).Environment, economy and society: fitting them together into sustainable development. View issue TOC. Volume 10, Issue 4.November 2002.Pages 187–196.
- Hendry, C. (2011) Human Resources Management. A Analysis Approach to Employment. Routledge. Taylor and Francis Groups. London – New York.
- Korten, D, C. (1987). “Third Generation NGO Strategies: A Key to People-Centered Development”. World Development Pergamon Journals. Vol. 15 supplement. pp. 145 – 159.
- Kwatolo, Y. (2010). Teknologi Informasi dan Komunikasi dalam Proses Pembelajaran.Jurnal Pendidikan Penabur. No.14/Tahun ke-9/Juni 2010.
- Larson and Wilford (1979). The Physical of Life Index: A Usuful Social Indicator?. World Development. Vol. 9., Issue 6. 581-584. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0305750X79900949
- Majid, M.S.A. (2012). Mengkritisi Teori Pembangunan Ekonomi Konvensional. Share: JurnalEkonomi dan Keuangan Islam. Vol. 1. No. 1.
- Mardzuki, K. et al. (2014) Intersectoral Linkages in Malaysian Agricultural Industry: Identification of Key and Non Key Sector for Growth Promotion. Proceeding ITMAR. Vol. 1, 437-447
- McGinty, S. (2002). Community Capacity Building. ERIC – Search Education Resources.https://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED473884
- McClelland, D.C. (1961). The Achieving Society. Free Press, New York.
- Midgley, J. (1995). Social Development : The Development Perspective in Social Welfare (pp. 1- 36) London: Sage Publication.
- Mulyadi, M. (2017). Peran Pemerintah Dalam Mengatasi Pengangguran dan Kemiskinan Masyarakat. Kajian. Vol.21. No. 2 hal 221-236.
- Oliver, M. (1996).Understanding disability: From theory to practice. American Psychological Association. 750 First Street NE, Washington, DC. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-1-349-24269-6
- Pearce, D. W (1983). The Dictionary of Modern Economic. MacMillan Press. London.
- Pearson, C. M. And Judith A. Clair (1998). Reframing Crisis Management. Academic Management Review. Vol. 23. No. 1.
- Peltier, T. R. (2006). Social Engineering: Concept and Solution. Journal Information System Security. Vol 15. Issue. 5.http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1201/1086.1065898X/463188.8.131.5260901/95427.3
- Sumawinta, S. (2004). Politik Ekonomi Kerakyatan. Penerbit: PT Gramedia Utama Pustaka Utama Jakarta.
- United Nation Organization. (2000). World Development Goals. United Nation Program. http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/sdgoverview/mdg_goals.html
- United Nation Organization. (2015). Sustainable Development Goals. United Nation Program. https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/topics/sustainabledevelopmentgoals
- Wong, C-Y and Fung, H-N (2017).‘Science-technology-industry correlative indicators for policy targeting on emerging technologies: exploring the core competencies and promising industries of aspirant economies’. Scientometrics.Vol. 111:841–867.