Forestry and agriculture policy governance regarding water contestation in State Production Forest (Case of Margo and Ngiyom spring water in Begal forest, Ngawi Regency)
DOI : 10.24269/ars.v6i2.1020
Water related problem usually involving many stakeholder with different interest, attitude, power scale and level, which make it complex as well as water contestation problem in Begal State production forest in Ngawi Regency which involving different level government agency and its community base institution. Teak production forest and rice agriculture area usually located nearby especially in Ngawi regency with 40% agriculture area and 32% forest area, which make high occurrence of water related problem. This research purpose is to identify and analyze the root of water contestation among involved stakeholder in Ngiyom and Margo spring water utilization and its leading factors. In depth interview was done to all involved stakeholder in February 2017 to obtain the data about the water contestation problem in this area. Although changes in water and forest land utilization are causing water contestation problem but understanding root of water problem in this research from agriculture and forestry policy are important to make a sustainable solution. Forestry and agriculture governance are use to understand the relation among stakeholder toward water contestation in this area. Social ecological system framework that captures the relation among resource users and governance to resources utilization is useful to get the whole picture of water contestation problem in this area. Government policy on rice agriculture and forestry sector was indirectly affecting the water contestation problem in this area. Combined with in field governance, government policy effect were causing social and economic gap among water resources user in this area.
- Anderies, J. M., M. A. Janssen, and E. Ostrom. 2004. A framework to analyze the robustness of social-ecological systems from an institutional perspective. Ecology and Society 9(1): 18. [online] URL: http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol9/iss1/art18/
- Danni, Y. Kurniawan, 2011, Pemanfaatan sumber daya air bagi kegiatan budidaya di daerah Pengaliran sungai (dps) ketonggo kabupaten Ngawi, unpublished master tesis, Magister perencanaan kota dan Daerah, UGM, Indonesia
- Ostrom, E , .(1990).Governing the Commons: The Evolution of Institutions for Collective Action. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Peluso, L.N., 1993, Tradition of Forest control in Java: Implication for social forestry and sustainability, global ecology and biogeography letters, vol. 3 no. 4/6, The political ecology of southeast Asian forest : transdisciplinary discourses, Wiley, pp. 138-157
- Manning, Chris, 1987, Public Policy, Rice Production, and Income Distribution: Review of Indonesia Rice Self- Sufficiency Program,South east asian journalof social science Vol 15. No. 1 Social AND Political Change In Contemporary Indonesia, Brill.
- Narayan, Deepa, Patel, R., and Schafft, 2000, Can Anyone Hear Us?: Voices of the Poor, World Bank Publication.
- Peluso, Nancy Lee. 2006, Hutan Kaya Rakyat Melarat: penguasaan sumberdaya dan perlawanan di Jawa. Konphalindo, Jakarta.
- Santoso, Hari. 2004. Perlawanan di Simpang Jalan: Konteks Hutan di Desa-Desa Sekitar Hutan Jawa. Damar Press. Yogyakarta.
- Suprapto, E., A., B., 2013, Hutan Jawa : kontestasi dan kolaborasi, Biro Penerbitan ARUPA, Yogyakarta , ISBN 978-979-96513-6-5.
- Shiva, Vandana, 1993, The Violence of the green revolution; third world agriculture, ecology and politic, Zen book Ltd, London & New York.
- Walker, B., Gunderson, L., Kinzig, A., Folke, C., Carpenter, S., and Schultz, L.(2006).A handful of heuristics and some propositions for understanding resilience in social-ecological systems. Ecol. Soc. 11, 13.
- Zips,W. and Weilenmann M., 2011, The Governance of Legal Pluralism: Empirical Studies from Africa and Beyond, LIT Verlag Münster, 304p.
- Pengelolaan Hutan Bersama Masyarakat (PHBM) 2014 by Perum Perhutani.
- Government data:
- Ngawi dalam Angka 203, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
- Statistik kecamatan Kedunggalar 2015
- Statistic Kecamatan Widodaren 2015
- Profil desa Sekarputih 2016
- Perhutani report 2016
- https://www.bps.go.id/linkTable Dinamis/view/id/864 Produksi padi Indonesia 1993-2013
- Statistik Perhutani tahun 2009-2013
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.