THE ANALYSIS COMPARISON OF BASALT VIA MELTING PROCESS FROM MATARAM BARU (EAST LAMPUNG) WITH SLOW AND FAST COOLING METHOD OVER XRD APPROACH
The process of melting basalt stone from Mataram Baru, East Lampung has been carried out over a mini shaft furnace with a temperature of 1600 ˚C. Basalt stone with the smelting process was modified with slow and fast cooling methods. Based XRD result shows the methods were significant applied to the liquid of basalt stone. By a slow cooling process, the crystal structure is unchanged from the original material but the mechanical characteristics increased. While by a fast cooling process, the amorphous crystal structure and weak mechanical properties are obtained from the original material. The results show, both products have a great potential to be used as advanced material. With a slow cooling process, it can be applied as a friction resistant material while by fast cooling method, the products can be used as ceramic materials.
- . Dhand Vivek, Mittal Garima, You Rhee Kyong, Park Soo-Jin, Hui David. A short review on basalt fiber reinforced polymer composites. Compos Part B, 2015; 73:166-80.
- . Wu Z, Wang X, Wu G. Advancement of structural safety and sustainability with basalt fiber reinforced polymers. In: Proceedings of CICE 2012, 6thin-ternational conference on FRP composites in civil engineering. Rome; June, 2012
- . S. A, Morse. Basalt and Phase Diagrams: An Introduction to the Quantitative Use of Phase Diagrams in Igneous Petrology. 1980. Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- . “Batuan dan Stratigrafi”, Mohs Scale,
- http://mohs-scale.weebly.com/4/category/batuan%20dan%20stratigrafi/1.html, [accessed Oktober 10, 2016].
- . K Isnugroho et al., IOP Conference Series: Material Science Engineering, 285 012014, 2018.
- . Yildirim, I.Z, Prezzi, M, Chemical, Mineralogical and Morphological Properties of Steel Slag, Advances in Civil Engineering, 2011.
- . Fan T, Tong Q, Ye W, Tang J, Chen H, Zhang Y, et al. Composite morphology and melting crystallization characteristics of basalt fiber mineral. J Cent South Univ (Sci Tech), 2013; 44 (10):4307-11.
- . Makhova MF, Bocharova IN, Mishchenko ES, Kovalenko VG. Glass fiber from rock. Steklo i Keram 1989; 9:27-8.
- . Dzhigiris DD, Makhova MF, Gorobinskaya VD, Bombyr LN. Continuous basalt fiber. Steklo i Keram 1983; 9:14-6.
- . Militky J, Kovacic V, Rubnerova J. Influence of thermal treatment on tensile failure of basalt. Eng Fract Mech, 2002; 69:1025-33.
- . Deak T, Czigany T. Chemical composition and mechanical properties of basalt and glass fibres - a comparison. Text Res J, 2009; 79:645-51.
- . Chen, X, Zhang, Y, Hui, D, Chen, M, Wu, Z, “Study of Melting Properties of Basalt Based on Their Mineral Components”, Composites Part B, Vol. 116, (2017), pp. 53-60
- . Bowen, N.L. Melting Phenomena in The Plagioclase Feldspars. American Journal of Science. June 1, 1913 Series 4 Vol. 35:577-599 Vol.
- . https://geology.com/rocks/gabbro.shtml, [accessed August 13, 2019]
- . http://www.sandatlas.org/gabbro/ , [accessed August 13, 2019]
- . Y Zhang, J Li, Z Jiang. Glass Fiber and Mineral Wool Encyclopedia Beijing. Chemical Industry Publishing House, 2001; 18(9):1796-1803.
- . Cocic, M, Logar, M, Matovic, B, Poharc-Logar, V, “Glass – Ceramics Obtained by the Crystallization of Basalt”, Science of Sintering, Vol 42, (2010), pp. 383 – 388
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.