REKONSTRUKSI PERAN DAN FUNGSI MASJID SEBAGAI PUSAT KEGIATAN PENDIDIKAN ISLAM
Rasulullah SAW has given the role in the effort to create the ability of Muslims to become kholifah on earth and devoted servant of Allah SWT by doing Islamic education to the companions in the mosque. This tradition is followed by the followers of Islam and the subsequent Islamic rulers, even in the development of Islamic scholars the process of "ta'lim" more often done in the mosque, this tradition is known as "halaqah", many scholars who were born from halaqah tradition. The main learning method is rote, then in language learning by imitating ustadz utter assisted by guide. Islamic education in this mosque continues to grow until the end of the third century hijriyah. After that time the transition of scholarly learning center took place from mosque, then khan mosque, and new to madrasah as result of influence of scientific development and society requirement about educational institution.
Some of the reasons for Islamic education have turned to madrasahs because: (1) educational activities in the mosque are considered to have disrupted the main function of the institution as a place of worship; (2) the development of scientific needs as a result of the development of science; And (3) the emergence of a new orientation in the implementation of education, ustadz need to earn income for the sake of survival and it is not possible in the mosque, then the madrasah was built.
Thought is also a consideration for the management of mosques in Indonesia. The mosque is more just to run the worship mahdhoh, not serve the ummah for 24 hours, after the use of prayers in congregation locked mosques, even in some areas of the mosque used for ceremonial rituals that sometimes do not comply with Islamic teachings. As a result the mosque abandoned its congregation.
Some studies show that if the mosque is properly introduced to Muslims, it is functioned as a place to run the mahdhoh worship as well as the center of Islamic education and solve community problems proved to be quite effective. Therefore, it is necessary to reconstruct the role and function of the mosque as the center of Islamic education.
Some efforts that need to be done include: (1) the need to mobilize the ta'lim assembly within the mosque; (2) empower teenagers into youth containers of mosques; (3) organizing various types of training and seminars; (4) making the mosque a center of knowledge; (5) enhance cooperation with government and society; (6) empowering the poor who are the mosque's responsibility; And (7) fostering the independence of the mosque.
- A Hj Ab Rahman, A Mohamed, W.I.Wan Ahmad, F Adam, Z Mohamad. 2012. “Religious Education Programs In The Rural Mosques, Terengganu, Malaysia”. British Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. November 2011, Vol. 2 (2)
- Amin, Samsul Munir. 2009. Sejarah Peradaban Islam. Jakarta: Amzah
- Ali al-Jumbulati & Abdul Futuh at-Tuwaanisi. 2002. Perbandingan Pendidikan Islam, Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
- Arief, Armai. 2014. Sejarah Pertumbuhan dan Perkembangan Lembaga- Lembaga Pendidikan Islam Klasik. Bandung: Angkasa.
- Astari, Puji. 2014. “Mengembalikan Fungsi Masjid Sebagai Pusat Peradaban Masyarakat”. Jurnal Ilmu dakwah dan Pengembangan Komunitas. VOL. 9 No.1 Januari 2014
- Dewan Redaksi Ensiklopedi Islam. 1994. Ensiklopedi Islam, Cet. Ke 2, PT. Jakarta: Ichtiar Baru Van Houve.
- Fahmi, Asma Hasan. 1997. Sejarah dan Pendidikan Islam. Jakarta: Bulan Bintang.
- Farahati, Abbasali. 2011. “The Mosque as the First Political-Ideological Base in the Islamic Society”. Journal of Politics and Law Vol. 4, No. 1; March.
- Fathurrahman. 2015. “Masjid Sebagai Pusat Pendidikan Islam Masa Klasik”. Jurnal Studi Pemikiran Pendidikan Agama Islam Kreatif, Vol. XII No. 1 Januari 2015.
- Hasarudin. 2011. “Madrasah pada Masa Islam Klasik: Analisis Historis atas Metode yang Digunakan,” Hunafa: Jurnal Studia Islamika vol. 8, No. 1 Juni 2011.
- Hasbullah. 1996. Sejarah Pendidikan Islam di Indonesia (Lintasan Sejarah dan Perkembangan). Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada.
- H.M. Arifin. 1991. Ilmu Pendidikan Islam. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
- Langgulung, Hasan. 1988. Pendidikan Islam Menghadapi Abad Ke-21, Jakarta: Pustaka al-Husna.
- Maksum, 1999. Madrasah Sejarah dan Perkembangannya, Jakarta: Logos Wacana Ilmu.
- Maqdisi, George. 1981. The Rise of Colleges: Institution of Learning in Islam and the West, (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press: 1981), 21
- Mirsi, Muhammad Munir. 1982. Al-Tarbiyah al-Islamiyah. Kairo: Dar al- Kutub
- Muhammad Athiyah al-Abrasyi. tt. Ruh al-Tarbiyat wa Ta’lim. Saudi Arabiah: Dar al-Ahya’.
- Muhammad Qutb. 1967. Manhaj al-Tarbiyah al-Islamiyah, Kairo: Dar al-Qalam, 1967), h.13-50.
- Muslim, Aziz. 2004. “Manajemen Pengelolaan Masjid.” Jurnal Aplikasi llmu-ilmu Agama, Vol. V, No. 2, Desember. Hlm.105-114
- Musthafa al-Maraghiy. tt. Tafsir al-Maraghiy. Bairut: Dar al-Fikr, tt), Juz I.
- Pertiwi, Ruspita Rani. 2008. “Manajemen Dakwah berbasis Masjid”, Jurnal MD Vol I No. 1 Juli-Desember.
- Ramayulis. 2002. Ilmu Pendidikan Islam. Jakarta : Kalam Mulia.
- Stanton, Charles Michael. 1994. Pendidikan Tinggi dalam Islam, terj. H. Affandi dan Hasan Asy‟ari, Jakarta: Logos Wacana Ilmu.
- Yunus, Mahmud. 1987. Kamus Arab-Indonesia. Jakarta: YP3A.
- _____. 1989. Sejarah Pendidikan Islam, Jakarta: Hidakarya Agung.
- Zaimeche, Saleh. 2002. Education in Islam The Role of the Mosque. United Kingdong: Foundation for Science Technologi and Civilation
- Zulkiple & Jazeel. 2013. “History, Distribution and Affiliation of Mosque in Muslim Minority of Sri Lanka”. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Vol. 3 No. 12
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.