MENGENDALIKAN EKSPRESI WAJAH KARAKTER 3D MENGGUNAKAN TEKNIK UV WARP
In the three-dimensional character animation facial expression is very important that the messages displayed by the characters can be easily understood. The process of making facial expressions is known as facial rigging. This study aims to produce six basic facial expressions on the three-dimensional character of Den Basito by utilizing UV warp technique as a facial rigging method. In order to control the expression of a character's face with a UV warp it takes two object bones. Each bones function as an anchors and targets. Then the results of still rendering six kinds of basic facial expressions tested to the owner of the reference model Den Basito and some his closest friends. From the test results obtained the conclusion that the use of UV warp techniques can be used for the control of facial expressions of three-dimensional characters with cartoon style.
- Orvalho, V., Bastos, P., Parke, F. I., Oliveira, B., & Alvarez, X., A Facial Rigging Survey, Eurographics (STARs) (pp. 183-204), 2012.
- Blender, UV Warp, https://www.blender.org/ manual/modeling/modifiers/modify/uv_warp.html, 15 Januari 2017.
- Prawitasari, J.E., Martani,W., Adiyanti, M.G., Konsep emosi orang Indonesia: Pengungkapan dan pengartikan emosi melalui komunikasi nonverbal di antara masyarakat dengan latar budaya berbeda, Laporan Penelitian, Yogyakarta: Fakultas Psikoiogi UGM,1995.
- Zeman, N.B., Essential skills for tiga dimensi modeling, rendering, and animation, CRC Press, 2015.
- Beane, A., 3D Animation Essentials, John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
- Hanrahan P., & Sturman D., Interactive Animation of Parametric Models, The Visual Computer 1:4, 1985.
- Tekalp, A.M. & Ostermann, J., 2000, Face and 2-D mesh animation in MPEG-4. Signal Processing: Image Communication, 15(4), pp.387-421.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.