Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
The Author’s Guideline of Multitek Indonesia (Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Mesin, Teknik Elektro dan Teknik Informatika) since the publication year of 2017.
The submission and the publication processes are free, without any additional fees.
Multitek Indonesia Journal is a peer reviewed electronic scientific publication journal which is published every 6 months.1. Introduction
Multitek Indonesia (Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Mesin, Teknik Elektro dan Teknik Informatika), with registered number ISSN 1907-6223 (print), ISSN 2579- 3497 (online) is a scientific journal published by Universitas Muhammadiyah Ponorogo. The aim of this journal is to publish articles dedicated to all aspects of the latest outstanding developments in the field of engineering. Its scope encompasses the applications of Information Technology and Computer Science, Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. It was first published in 2011.
The Multitek Indonesia editorial board invites you to submit your manuscript to be published in this journal. The writing guidelines attach here or can be downloaded HERE.
2. General Instructions
To avoid duplication, Multitek Indonesia does not receive articles that are already published or submitted to other journals which are proven by signing a declaration letter. We do not receive any articles that contain plagiarism. The author has to make sure that all co-authors have approved the article. If the article is already published in another journal, then its publication in the next Multitek Indonesia edition will be canceled.
All articles will be discussed by the experts in the appropriate scientific field (peer review) and the editorial board. Article that needs to be revised will be returned to the author. All of these processes are conducted online. Research article must provide evidence that it has been approved by the ethical committee. The sheet of declaration of authorship can be downloaded HERE. (it is attached in the journal article submitted)
3. Writing article
- The manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (subtitles as the order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author’s name (no academic title), (c) the affiliated author’s address, (d) the author’s email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) the research method (h), the research findings and discussion (i), the conclusion (j), the references.
- The subtitles included in the discussion part (Introduction, Theoretical Review, Writing Methods, Result and Discussion, and Conclusion) should be numbered in the Arabic numbering order started from one. The subtitles are written in the bold and title case format. It uses the left text alignment without an underline. The next expanded subtitles should be written in the bold and sentence case format, It should use the left text alignment and the numbering format level two.
- The manuscript can be written both in Bahasa Indonesia or English with the standard language. The manuscript should consist of fifteen (15) to twenty-five (25) pages including pictures and tables.
- Manuscript should be typed one and half-spaced on A4 size paper, using Times New Roman with a font size of 11 pt. The acceptable formats are Microsoft Word 97-2003 and 2010 (.doc or .docx files), with a maximum size of 5 MB. The template of the article writing are available in MS Word (.doc) format, can be downloaded HERE.
- The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title. The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well (font size, resolution and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the centre between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the centre of a page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
4. Title page
The title contains the full title, author’s name, affiliations and complete address, and email address. Article title should be brief and clear. The title of the manuscript should be written on the top of the first page with the centre text alignment. Meanwhile, the author’s name (without an academic degree), and the affiliation address of the author should be written with the centre text alignment also under the title of the article. The author should give two line spaces between the title and the author’s name. Then, the space between the author’s affiliation address and the abstract title is one space.
The responsible author, the correspondence author, or the corresponding author must be written first and then followed by the second, the third, and so on. The communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondence author only. If there is more than one author, the author’s names should be written down separated by a comma (,). If the author’s name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shorted. If the author’s names are only one word, it should be written as it is. However, in the online version, it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of the metadata indexing. (Camdali and Tunc, 2006; Fridman, 2008).
5. Abstract and Keywords
The abstract should be write in Indonesian and English, using Times New Roman with a font size of 9 pt.Use the following headings: background, methods, results and conclusions. Please be concise, do not exceed 200 words. Define all acronyms or abbreviations at the first mention and put the acronyms or abbreviations in parentheses. The keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words. Those should be arranged in alphabetical order and be separated by semicolon maximally four to five words.
Typical main headings include the title, introduction, methods, results and discussion, conclusion, regards (optional), refferences. Please give number in every page. Abbreviations must be defined at first mention. Discussion includes limitations of the study and conclusions.
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi-interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in the capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations. The article title should be written within 18 words, 14pt-sized font, with the bold selection and in the centre text format. Meanwhile, the abstract has to be written within 250 words maximum and followed by with four to five keywords.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basic of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. In the scientific article format, it does not allow to write down the references as in the research report. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand new of the scientific article.
Research Methods: The method is implemented to solve problems, including analytic methods. The methods used in the problem solving of the research are explained in this part.
Discussion and Result: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis stated previously in the introduction part.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions and advice. The conclusions will be the answers of the hypothesis, the research purposes and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. The advice contains suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
References: All the references that used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% from all the references) that published in the last ten years. Each article should have at least ten references.
7. Tables and Figures
The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Photos of people who may be recognizable should be accompanied with written permission. Picture that have been published previously should be displayed with reference. Picture should be numbered according to the appearance in the text. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title. The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well (font size, resolution and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the centre between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the centre of a page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for above and below the column headings and at the bottom of the table.
The accuracy of reference data is the responsibility of the author. Cite references in numeric order according to the first mention in the text and write them according to the IEEE rules. Include the name of the authors with a maximum of 6 authors. If there are more than six authors, write the names of the first six authors and then add “et al”. The number of references should not exceed 20 with all of them dated from the past 5 years. Only 20 percent of the references should come from textbooks with the rest comes from journals. References from articles that have been received and awaiting publication in a particular magazine should be written as “in press”.
Process Citations must be consistent used quote one kind of model. It is recommended to use the application Mendeley. The journal editor entitled to change the format without changing the content and purpose of the article. The collection of articles at least 2 months before publication. The collection via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Person via 082230898849.
9. The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems (the submitted second procedure is more preferable):
- The document submit by Online Submission System in the Multitek Indonesia (Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Mesin, Teknik Elektro dan Teknik Informatika) E-journal portal HERE.
- Firstly, the author should register as either an author or reviewer (checking role as author or reviewer) in the “Register” or HERE.
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, click in “New Submission”. The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
In the “Start” column, chose Journal Section (Full Article), check all the checklists.
In the “Upload Submission” Columns, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format in this column.
In the “Enter Metadata” columns, fill in with all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract and Indexing Keywords.
In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns, the author is allowed to upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else.
In the “Confirmation” columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click “Finish Submission”.
If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact Multitek Indonesia editorial team at email@example.com. Contact Person via 082230898849 or 085289407457.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been prevousli publisdeh, nor is it before another journal for onsideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the editor)
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect dokumen file format
- In the review process the author does not know who the reviewers are
MULTITEK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
Authors are required to pay an Article Submission Fee as part of the submission process to contribute to review costs.
Fast-Track Review: 0.00 (IDR)
the payment of this fee for the review, editorial decision, and author notification until this manuscript published
Article Publication: 0.00 (IDR)
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publications costs.