UNJUK KERJA KOLEKTOR TABUNG PEMANAS AIR PADA SAAT CHARGING MENGGUNAKAN PHASE CHANGE MATERIAL (PCM) DENGAN DAN TANPA REFLEKTOR
In solar powered water heaters, solar radiation falls into and then absorbed by tube collectors which are then used as a source of water heaters for household and industrial needs. One effort to improve efficiency in solar-powered water heater systems is by adding a reflector under the collector. The main purpose of this study is to find out the effect of the reflector on the collector's efficiency during the charging period. The tube collector consists of absorber pipes, water pipes, and reflector. While the parabolic reflector is made of stainless to maximize reflection to the collector. In these experiments, the water flow was varied at 0.48 l/min, 0.59 l/min, and 1.82 l/min. Temperature measurements were carried out at several points: (i) inlet, (ii) outlet and (iii) phase change material (PCM). While radiation intensity was measured using a pyranometer. The data were compared between heater with and without the reflector. The highest collector efficiency was achieved when applying 1.82 l/minute with the maximum collector performance with reflector and without a reflector is 76.8% and 69.7% respectively. It is be concluded that the use of reflectors can increase the efficiency of tube collectors for water heaters. The outlet temperature was higher by 1.7% than the previous result when using water flow rate of 0.59 l/min.
- M. Mehrali, S. T. Latibari, M.A. Rosen, A.R. Akhiani, M.S. Naghavi, E. Sadeghinezhad, H.S.C. Metselaar, M. M. Nejad, dan M. Mehrali, “From rice husk to high performance shape stabilized phase change materials for thermal energy storage”, RSC Advances, vol. 6, pp. 45595-45604, 2016.
- Darwin, M. I. Maulana, dan Irwandi Z. A., “Pengaruh bentuk kolektor konsentrator terhadap efisiensi pemanas air surya,” Proceeding Seminar Nasional Tahunan Teknik Mesin XIV (SNTTMXIV), 2015.
- S. A. Kalogirou, “Solar thermal collectors and applications”, Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, vol.30, pp. 231–295, 2004.
- P. Felinski dan Robert Sekret, “Effect of a low cost parabolic reflector on the charging efficiency of an evacuated tube collector/storage system with a PCM”, Solar Energy, vol.144, pp. 758–766, 2017.
- R. K. Mishra, V. Garg, dan G.N. Tiwari, “Energy matrices of U-shaped evacuated tubular collector (ETC) integrated with compound parabolic concentrator (CPC)”, Solar Energy, vol. 153, pp. 531-539, 2017.
- A. Allouhi, A. Ait Msaad, M. Benzakour Amine, R. Saidur, M. Mahdaoui, T. Kousksou, A.K. Pandey, A. Jamil, N. Moujibi, dan A. Benbassou, “Optimization of melting and solidiﬁcation processes of pcm: application to integrated collector storage solar water heaters (ICSSWH)”, Solar Energy, vol. 171, pp 562-570, 2018.
- Z. Khan, Z. Khan, dan A.A Ghafoor, “Review of performance enhancement of PCM based latent heat storage system within the context of materials, thermal stability and compatibility”, Energy Convers Manag, vol. 115, pp. 132–58, 2016.
- R. K. Mishra, V. Garg, dan G.N. Tiwari, “Thermal modeling and development of characteristic equations of evacuated tubular collector (ETC)” Solar Energy, vol. 116, pp 165–176, 2015.
- J. C. Zwinkels, M. Noel, dan C. X. Dodd, “Procedure and standards for accurate spectrophotometric measurements of specular reflectance”, Applied Optics, vol. 33, pp. 34, 1994.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.