The Effect of Interpersonal Trust and Need of Achievement on the Lecturers’ Performance (Study at Universitas Muhammadiyah Ponorogo)
The study describes the effect of interpersonal trust and need of achievement on the performance of lecturers at Muhammadiyah University of Ponorogo. The results of the path analysis or hypothesis testing show that the effect of interpersonal trust on the lecturers’ performance is 66.8% and the increasing need of achievement also improve the performance of the lecturers at University Muhammadiyah of Ponorogo where the results of the path analysis of need of achievement towards the performance of the lecturers is 8.3%. Even though the variable need of achievement has not significantly affected the performance of the Muhammadiyah University of Ponorogo lecturers which is constructed with indicators of working hard, like challenging work, and setting goals. In addition, the contribution of Interpersonal trust and need of achievement to performance was 53.4%. Therefore it can be concluded that the performance variable is explained by Interpersonal trust and need of achievement is 53.4% while the rest is influenced by other variables which not included in this study.
- Alam, B. and L. Mia (2012). "Need For Achievement, Style Of Budgeting And Managerial Performance In A Non Government Organization (Ngo): Evidence From An Oriental Culture " VSRD International Journal Business & Management Research 2(1): 8-16
- Amelia, R. (2009). Pengaruh Motivasi Berprestasi terhadap Kinerja Perawat dalam Asuhan Keperawatan Pasien Gangguan Jiwa di Rumah Sakit Jiwa Daerah Provinsi Sumatera Utara, Medan. Majalah Kedokteran Nusantara. 42: 8-13.
- Bakiev, E. (2013). "The Influence of Interpersonal Trust and Organizational Commitment on Perceived Organizational Performance." Journal of Applied Economics and Business Research 3(3): 166-180.
- Daley, D. M. (1991). Practice and the uninvolved manager : The effect of supervisory attitudes on perceptions of organizational trust and change orientation, public personal management
- Deshpande, R., A. Grinstein, et al. (2013). "Achievement motivation, strategic orientations and business performance in entrepreneurial firms." International Marketing Review 30 (3): 231-253.
- Erlan, B. (2013). "The Influence of Interpersonal Trust and Organizational Commitment on Perceived Organizational Performance." Journal of Applied Economics and Business Research 3(3): 166-180.
- Flippo, E. (2000). Personel Management. New York, Mc Graw Hill.
- Ghafoor, M., S. A. Gillani, et al. (2013). "The impact of employee empowerment on achievement motivation and contextual performance of employee: A Case Banking Sector In Pakistan. ." Far East Journal of Psychology and Business 13(1): 42-50.
- Gomes, D. R., V. Asseiro, et al. (2013). "Triggering Employee Motivation in Adverse Organizational Contexts: “Going the Extra Mile” while Holding Hands with Uncertainty?" Business and Management Research 2 (1): 41-54.
- Hasibuan. (2005). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta, Bumi Aksara.
- Karsudjono, A. J., B. Christiananta, et al. (2013). "The influence of leader self-mastery, leader personality and Leader personal branding on achievement motivation and Leader candidate performance: A study at PT. Mangium Anugerah Lestari, Kotabaru Regency, South Kalimantan." Social Sciences and Humanities 4(4): 627-640.
- Kiruja, E. and M. Elegwa (2013). "Effect of Motivation on Employee Performance In Public Middle Level Technical Training Institutions In Kenya." International Journal of Advances in Management and Economics. 2(4): 73-82.
- Masoodul, H., V. T. Nilüfer, et al. (2012). "Interpersonal Trust and Its Role in Organizations." International Business Research 5 (8): 33-39.
- Mathis, R. L. and J. H. Jackson (2001). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta, PT. Selemba Emban Patria.
- Olawepo, G. T., O. E. Ofoegbu, et al. (2013). "The connectivity between motivation and employees’ Performance in marketing oriented organizations in Nigeria." International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 1 (No. 3): 1-14.
- Popoola., S. O. and Olalude.F.O. (2013). "Work Values, Achievement Motivation and Technostress as Determinants of Job Burnout among Library Personnel in Automated Federal University Libraries in Nigeria." Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 3(15): 1-32.
- Robbins, S. P. (2001). Organizational Behavior. New Jersey 07458, Prentice Hall International.
- Sandhu.S.S (2014). "Academic achievement of adolescents in relation to Achievement motivation and study habits." International Multidisciplinary Research Journal 11 (1): 1-10.
- Siddiqui.Z.U (2013). "Effect of Achievement Motivation and Gender on Spiritual Intelligence." Educationia Confab 2(6): 36-42.
- Sinambela, L. P., S. Rochadi, et al. (2007). Reformasi Pelayanan Publik. Jakarta, PT. Bumi Aksara.
- Singh, K. (2011). "Study of Achievement Motivation in Relation to Academic Achievement of Students." International Journal of Educational Planning & Administration. 1(2): pp. 161-171.
- Six, F. (2007). "Trust building actions: a relational signalling approach." J Manage Governance (11): 285-309.
- Sobur, A. (2003). Psikologi Umum. Bandung, Pustaka Setia.
- Tutar, H. and M. Altinoz (2011). "The effects of employee empowerment on achievement motivation and the contextual performance of employees." African Journal of Business Management 5(15): 6318-6329.
- Thoms, P., J. J. Dose, et al. (2001). "Relationships between Accountability, Job Satisfaction, and Trust. ."Human Resource Development Quarterly 13 (3): 307-323
- Wardana, D. S. (2013). "Motivasi Berprestasi Dengan Kinerja Guru Yang Sudah Disertifikasi" Jurnal Ilmiah Psikologi Terapan 1(1): 97-107.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.