ATTENDANCE MONITORING SYSTEM BASED ON IOT
DOI : 10.24269/mtkind.v15i2.3758
Most organizations have problems manually logging one's attendance with complex methods. The process of manually signing on paper is time-consuming and unsafe. In such places it is necessary to implement an efficient attendance monitoring system. The development of technology integrating technology in the fields of telecommunications, informatics, electronics and computers is known as Embedded System. One of the benefits that can be taken from the Embedded System is the Arduino IOT-based attendance monitoring system that is integrated with the MySql database. The tool is designed by combining the work of the Atmega328P microcontroller integrated with the Arduino uno with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) The Tag has a unique code that is tapped on the RFID reader then the data sent by the ESP8266 wifi module is recorded in the MySql database to make it easier for users, an interface is made using LCD and Buzzer which will bring up information. This attendance monitoring system speeds up and simplifies the attendance process more accurately because the system is synchronized with the real time clock. Able to produce accurate attendance data. Reducing the use of excess paper because it can be downloaded on the export menu in the form of Microsoft Excel.
- A. K. Gupta and R. Johari, “IOT based Electrical Device Surveillance and Control System,” Proc. - 2019 4th Int. Conf. Internet Things Smart Innov. Usages, IoT-SIU 2019, pp. 1–5, 2019.
- S. N. Shah and A. Abuzneid, “IoT Based Smart Attendance System (SAS) Using RFID,” 2019 IEEE Long Isl. Syst. Appl. Technol. Conf. LISAT 2019, pp. 1–6, 2019.
- S. Mekruksavanich, “Supermarket Shopping System using RFID as the IoT Application,” 2020 Jt. Int. Conf. Digit. Arts, Media Technol. with ECTI North. Sect. Conf. Electr. Electron. Comput. Telecommun. Eng. ECTI DAMT NCON 2020, pp. 83–86, 2020.
- R. Colella and L. Catarinucci, “Adding RFID capabilities to iot technologies: Proof-of-concept on microwave doppler sensors,” 2019 IEEE Int. Conf. RFID Technol. Appl. RFID-TA 2019, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 410–414, 2019.
- Y. Zhang, Y. Ma, K. Liu, J. Wang, and S. Li, “RFID based vehicular localization for intelligent transportation systems,” 2019 IEEE Int. Conf. RFID Technol. Appl. RFID-TA 2019, pp. 267–272, 2019.
- U. Koppikar, S. Hiremath, A. Shiralkar, A. Rajoor, and V. P. Baligar, “IoT based Smart Attendance Monitoring Systems using RFID,” 1st IEEE Int. Conf. Adv. Inf. Technol. ICAIT 2019 - Proc., pp. 193–197, 2019.
- C. H. Li, K. W. Lao, and K. W. Tam, “A flooding warning system based on RFID tag array for energy facility,” RFID-TA 2018 - 2018 IEEE Int. Conf. RFID Technol. Appl., pp. 1–4, 2018.
- S. S. Park, “An IoT application service using mobile RFID technology,” Int. Conf. Electron. Inf. Commun. ICEIC 2018, vol. 2018-Janua, pp. 1–4, 2018.
- T. Hanel, A. Bothe, R. Helmke, C. Gericke, and N. Aschenbruck, “Adjustable security for RFID-equipped IoT devices,” 2017 IEEE Int. Conf. RFID Technol. Appl. RFID-TA 2017, pp. 208–213, 2017.
- S. Sharma, S. Das, J. Virmani, M. Sharma, S. Singh, and A. Das, “IoT Based Dipstick Type Engine Oil Level and Impurities Monitoring System: A Portable Online Spectrophotometer,” Proc. - 2019 4th Int. Conf. Internet Things Smart Innov. Usages, IoT-SIU 2019, pp. 1–4, 2019.
- A. V. R. Microcontroller, “ATmega328/P,” 2018.
- T. A. Uno, “Губанова А.А., Котковец С.А., Золотарев В.В. Макет системы автоматической очистки воды с применением датчиков поплавкового типа на платформе Arduino Uno,” Электроника И Электротехника, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 24–30, 2019.
- NXP Ltd., “MFRC522 Standard performance MIFARE and NTAG frontend,” no. 3.9, p. 95, 2016.
- Espressif, “ESP8266 AT Instruction Set,” p. 70, 2016.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.