THE ANALYSIS COMPARISON OF BASALT VIA MELTING PROCESS FROM MATARAM BARU (EAST LAMPUNG) WITH SLOW AND FAST COOLING METHOD OVER XRD APPROACH
DOI : 10.24269/mtkind.v13i2.1945
The process of melting basalt stone from Mataram Baru, East Lampung has been carried out over a mini shaft furnace with a temperature of 1600 ˚C. Basalt stone with the smelting process was modified with slow and fast cooling methods. Based XRD result shows the methods were significant applied to the liquid of basalt stone. By a slow cooling process, the crystal structure is unchanged from the original material but the mechanical characteristics increased. While by a fast cooling process, the amorphous crystal structure and weak mechanical properties are obtained from the original material. The results show, both products have a great potential to be used as advanced material. With a slow cooling process, it can be applied as a friction resistant material while by fast cooling method, the products can be used as ceramic materials.
- . Dhand Vivek, Mittal Garima, You Rhee Kyong, Park Soo-Jin, Hui David. A short review on basalt fiber reinforced polymer composites. Compos Part B, 2015; 73:166-80.
- . Wu Z, Wang X, Wu G. Advancement of structural safety and sustainability with basalt fiber reinforced polymers. In: Proceedings of CICE 2012, 6thin-ternational conference on FRP composites in civil engineering. Rome; June, 2012
- . S. A, Morse. Basalt and Phase Diagrams: An Introduction to the Quantitative Use of Phase Diagrams in Igneous Petrology. 1980. Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- . “Batuan dan Stratigrafi”, Mohs Scale,
- http://mohs-scale.weebly.com/4/category/batuan%20dan%20stratigrafi/1.html, [accessed Oktober 10, 2016].
- . K Isnugroho et al., IOP Conference Series: Material Science Engineering, 285 012014, 2018.
- . Yildirim, I.Z, Prezzi, M, Chemical, Mineralogical and Morphological Properties of Steel Slag, Advances in Civil Engineering, 2011.
- . Fan T, Tong Q, Ye W, Tang J, Chen H, Zhang Y, et al. Composite morphology and melting crystallization characteristics of basalt fiber mineral. J Cent South Univ (Sci Tech), 2013; 44 (10):4307-11.
- . Makhova MF, Bocharova IN, Mishchenko ES, Kovalenko VG. Glass fiber from rock. Steklo i Keram 1989; 9:27-8.
- . Dzhigiris DD, Makhova MF, Gorobinskaya VD, Bombyr LN. Continuous basalt fiber. Steklo i Keram 1983; 9:14-6.
- . Militky J, Kovacic V, Rubnerova J. Influence of thermal treatment on tensile failure of basalt. Eng Fract Mech, 2002; 69:1025-33.
- . Deak T, Czigany T. Chemical composition and mechanical properties of basalt and glass fibres - a comparison. Text Res J, 2009; 79:645-51.
- . Chen, X, Zhang, Y, Hui, D, Chen, M, Wu, Z, “Study of Melting Properties of Basalt Based on Their Mineral Components”, Composites Part B, Vol. 116, (2017), pp. 53-60
- . Bowen, N.L. Melting Phenomena in The Plagioclase Feldspars. American Journal of Science. June 1, 1913 Series 4 Vol. 35:577-599 Vol.
- . https://geology.com/rocks/gabbro.shtml, [accessed August 13, 2019]
- . http://www.sandatlas.org/gabbro/ , [accessed August 13, 2019]
- . Y Zhang, J Li, Z Jiang. Glass Fiber and Mineral Wool Encyclopedia Beijing. Chemical Industry Publishing House, 2001; 18(9):1796-1803.
- . Cocic, M, Logar, M, Matovic, B, Poharc-Logar, V, “Glass – Ceramics Obtained by the Crystallization of Basalt”, Science of Sintering, Vol 42, (2010), pp. 383 – 388
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.