The Politics of Clean Water Management: A Critical Review on the Scarcity of Clean Water in Kedungringin Village
DOI : 10.24269/ars.v11i1.5247
This paper will examine the politics of clean water management, a review on the scarcity of clean water quality in Kedungringin Village, Sukawangi District, Bekasi Regency. This study is conducted due to a problem occurred in Kedungringin Village regarding the lack of access to clean water both in quality and quantity. Various efforts have been taken by the villagers of Kedungringin, such as constructing boreholes with the help of benefactors. However, this is insufficient to meet the needs of clean water for all residents. In this case, the role of PDAM Tirta Bhagasasi is limited as not being able to reach the Kedungringin Village area due to the far distance of Clean Water Pipeline from the location of Kedungringin Village. By these problems, this study will examine the efforts taken by PDAM Tirta Bhagasasi and the authority of Sukaringin Village in fulfilling the need of clean water access in Kedungringin Village. The research method used in this study is a descriptive qualitative research method with a case study approach. The results of this study indicate that the efforts taken by PDAM Tirta Bhagasasi in fulfilling the need of clean water for the villagers in Kedungringin have not been realized yet. This is for the reason thatin constructing a new clean water pipeline, PDAM Tirta Bhagasasi only reaches the housing/cluster area in Sukaringin Village. Hence, the clean water isunable to flow to Kedungringin Village since PDAM Tirta Bhagasasi prioritizes the cluster housing areas by collaborating with developers. This means that the well-financed community will be prioritized over the low-financed community.
- Baskoro, R. (2022, Februari Monday). Krisis Air Bersih, Warga Kedungringin Bekasi Diserang Gatal-Gatal Konsumsi Air Sumur Tak Layak Pakai. Retrieved from Warta Kota: https://wartakota.tribunnews.com/2021/09/21/krisis-air-bersih-warga-kedungringin-bekasi-diserang-gatal-gatal-konsumsi-air-sumur-tak-layak-pakai
- Dr. Drs. Imail Nurdin, M. (2019). Metode Penelitian Sosial. In M. Dr. Drs. Imail Nurdin, Metode Penelitian Sosial (p. 36). Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia: Media Sahabat Cendekia.
- Eko NurSurachman, S. W. (2022). Stakeholder management mapping to improve public-private partnership success in emerging country water projects: Indonesia’s experience. Utilities Policy, 1-12.
- Eloise M.Biggs, J. M. (2013). Plenty of water, not enough strategy: How inadequate accessibility, poor governance and a volatile government can tip the balance against ensuring water security: The case of Nepal. Environmental Science & Policy, 388-394.
- Endaryanta, E. (2007). Politik air di Indonesia : penjarahan Si Gedhang oleh korporasi Aqua-Danone. Yogyakarta: Laboratorium Jurusan Ilmu Pemerintahan FISIP Universitas Gadjah Mada.
- Firman, R. R. (2017). Analisis Impelementasi Kebijakan Aplikasi Qlue Di Wilayah Jakarta Utara Restu. ARISTO, 386-404.
- Geoff Goodwin, P. O. (2022). The politics of coproduction during Latin America’s ‘Pink Tide’: Water, housing, and waste in comparative perspective. World Development, 1-14.
- Kathleen Kevany, D. H. (2013). A review of progress in empowerment of women in rural water management decision-making processes. Journal of Cleaner Production, 53-64.
- Leite, M. C. (2022). A comparison of Brazilian, North American, and English water supply regulation models. Groundwater for Sustainable Development, 1-13.
- Michael Hellwiga, A. P. (2021). Do political links influence water prices? Determinants of water prices. Utilities Policy, 1-13.
- Millington, N. (2018). Producing water scarcity in São Paulo, Brazil: The 2014-2015 water crisis and the binding politics of infrastructure. Political Geography, 26-34.
- Moleong, L. J. (2014). Metodologi Penelitian Kualitatif [Edisi Revisi]. Jakarta: Remaja Rosdakarya E.
- Morris, J. C. (2022). Clean Water Policy and State Choice Promise and Performance in The Water Quality Act. United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press.
- Mustafa, D. (2016). Water User Associations and the Politics of Water in Jordan. World Development, 164-176.
- PekkaLeviäkangas. (2021). Addressing sustainability or following political climate Rhetoric? Anatomy of government Agency’s performance management. Case Studies on Transport Policy, 191-199.
- Qinhong Xu, R. B. (2022). Rural drinking water governance politics in China: Governmentality. Political Geography, 1-10.
- Rahmawati, R. (2017). Analisis Impelementasi Kebijakan Aplikasi Qlue Di Wilayah Jakarta Utara. ARISTO, 386-404.
- Richa Saxenaa, N. S. (2022). The role of government in urban water management. Current Directions in Water Scarcity Research, 341-359.
- Sehring, J. (2009). Comparing the Politics of Water Institutional Reform. In: The Politics of Water Institutional Reform in Neopatrimonial States. German: VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften.
- sihotang, j. (2018). Penuhi Cakupan Air Bersih, PDAM Lakukan Kerjasama Pihak Ketiga. Retrieved from tirtabhagasasi.co.id: https://tirtabhagasasi.co.id/penuhi-cakupan-air-bersih-pdam-lakukan-kerjasama-pihak-ketiga/
- Sugiyono. (2018). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif. Bandung: Alfabeta.
- Suryati. (2022, Januari Sunday). Interview With Interviewee. (R. Rahmawati, Interviewer)
- Teresa Cristina TarléPissarra, L. F. (2021). Production of clean water in agriculture headwater catchments: A model based on the payment for environmental services. Science of The Total Environment, 1-12.
- Yuksel, I. (2015). Water management for sustainable and clean energy in Turkey. Energy Reports, 129-133.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.