The Probation System in Indonesia: Facts from the Probation Center (BAPAS) Class 1 South Jakarta
DOI : 10.24269/ars.v12i1.6852
The recidivism problem in Indonesia today can be associated with the existence of a work phenomenon that describes discrepancy. The discrepancy in question means the existence of a high difference or gap itself between the real form and the ideal or the expectation with the reality. One of them can occur in BAPAS which carries out the function of assisting, mentoring, and supervising Clients due post-imprisonment. Research method used is descriptive qualitative research and the data collection technique is literature study and observation in the form of interviews. The results of the research show that the facts on the ground are full of problems that seem to be without improvement. Facts found that the current training for PK tends to be only administrative, even though when carrying out their duties, soft skills are needed; besides that, BAPAS still tends to do repetition from existing programs, even though there should be a redesign program that is more adaptive and could build Client enthusiasm; and any other facts. So, this research will reveal deeper facts regarding the duties and functions of PK in BAPAS and to be aligned with the probation theory.
- Aji, NS (2021). The Role of Community Counselors in the Implementation of Guidance for Child Clients Undergoing Conditional Leave Programs by Correctional Centers. Correctional Science Polytechnic.
- Cambridge, D. (2023). Discrepancy. Cambridge UniversityPress. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/discrepancy
- Capece, J. (tt). The Effects of Probation Stipulations on Employment Outcomes and Feelings of Employability Among Probationers in Rhode Island. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325617622
- Desse et al. (2021). Probation Officers' and Supervisors' Perspectives on Critical Resources for Implementing Specialty Mental Health Probation. Administration Policy Mental Health, 48(3).
- Fatimah, S. (2020, August 5). Ombudsman Finds Problematic Rupbasan and BAPAS. https://ombudsman.go.id/pers/r/ombudsman-temukan-rupbasan-dan-bapas-ber PROBLEM
- Muliati, S., Gunawan, Y., Palembang, BP, South, S., Garut, BP, & West, J. (tt). Challenges of Assisting Children in Conflict with Gender-Based Laws during a Pandemic. https://ojs.literacyinstitute.org/index.php/prosiding-covid19
- Nugroho, TWA (2019). Analysis of Community Guidance Needs for Correctional Center (BAPAS) Bandung. Ministry of Law and Human Rights Center for Policy Research and Development, 13(1), 69–84.
- Nurdin, N., Madiong, B., & Hasan, YES (2021). CONSTRAINTS IN IMPLEMENTING THE FUNCTIONS OF CORRECTIONAL CENTERS IN THE PROTECTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS IN THE CHILD JUSTICE SYSTEM Obstacles in the Implementation of Correctional Center Functions in the Protection of Human Rights in Justice System of Children. In J.of Law (Vol. 3, Number 2). https://postgraduate.universitasbosowa.ac.id/
- Mutual Agreement, D., Provisions, BI, & Article, U. (tt). REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA-2.
- Polewali, L. (2021, March 27). Newly released because PB is from Polewali Prison, recidivist is back in prison because of throwing a tantrum. Polewali prison, Ministry of Law and Human Rights.
- Porporino, FJ (2018). Developments and challenges in probation practice: Is there a way forward for establishing effective and sustainable probation systems? European Journal of Probation, 10(1), 76–95. https://doi.org/10.1177/2066220318764713
- Roth, A., Kajeepeta, S., & Boldin, A. (2021). The Perils of Probation: How Supervision Contributes to Jail Populations.
- Stickels, JW (2007). The Game of Probation. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 22(1), 33–43. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11896-007-9003-6
- Suci Rahmasari Polytechnic of Correctional Sciences, F., Jalan Raya Gandul No, I., & Barat, J. (2020). SUPERVISION OF CONDITIONAL RELEASE CONDITIONERS BY COMMUNITY ADMINISTRATOR-CHALLENGES AND ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS. https://doi.org/10.31604/justitia.v7i1.368-379
- Suhartono, A., Rahmadiyanti, D., & Sarayar, O. (2021). Optimization of Technology Use in the New Normal Parole Program: A Comparative Study of Indonesia, the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Suyanto, B. (2020, May 4). Parole-free convicts are back at it. Beritasatu.
- Wright, J. (2021, January 20). Five Pressing Issues for American Probation. https://reconnect.io/five-pressing-issues-for-american-probation/
- Yanti. (2021). The Role of Community Counselors in Monitoring Clients of Narcotics Crime Cases at BAPAS Class 1, Central Jakarta. Journal of Correctional Issues, 4(1), 66–75.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.