APLIKASI OVERALL EQUIPMENT EFFECTIVENESS (OEE) DALAM UPAYA MENGATASI TINGGINYA DOWNTIME PADA STASIUN KETEL DI PG X JAWA TIMUR
PG X in Jember is one of the agro-industries that processing sugar cane into sugar crystals. This factory works seasonally. To ensure the consumer demand for sugar, the sugar factory should operate efficiently during their production season. In fact, it was found that at the downtime at the boiler department at this factory was up to 181 hours for six months production period in the year 2018. This happened mainly in the bagasse conveyor section. This paper is focused on efforts to find out the cause of the high downtime and its possible solution. Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) analysis was employed for measuring machine effectiveness. It is found that the lowest OEE value of 68.27% was in June, while the highest one up to 98.46% was reached in September. The most affecting factor to the low OEE value is reducing speed losses. It affected by 46% to the overall six big losses factors. Based on fishbone analysis, the main cause of the high value of reducing speed losses is lack of supervision in transporting bagasse to the conveyor. The inappropriate dimension of the scrapper (a part of the conveyor) is another reason. Therefore, it is recommended to increase supervision in transporting bagasse to the conveyor. Another recommendation is to reduce the scrapper length. Analysis of the free body diagram of this element shows that reducing its length from 1.215 mm to 1.195 mm will reduce the displacement from 6.67 mm to 4.72 mm without degrading the function of this part.
- W. Sukmoro, Turning Loss Into Profit : Terobosan untuk Mendongkrak Produktivitas. Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2013.
- R. K. Davis, Productivity Improvement Through TPM. Prentice Hall, 1995.
- H. Pinto, C. Pimentel, and M. Cunha, “Implications of Total Productive Maintenance in Psychological Sense of Ownership,” Procedia - Soc. Behav. Sci., vol. 217, pp. 1076–1082, 2016.
- M. P. Roessler and E. Abele, “Enhancement of the overall equipment effectiveness measure: A contribution for handling uncertainty in shop floor optimisation and production planning,” Int. J. Ind. Syst. Eng., vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 141–154, 2015.
- M. Lalkiya and D. K. Kushwaha, “Optimizing and analyzing OEE through approach : A case study in cement industry,” Int. J. Adv. Eng. Res. Dev., vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 807–811, 2015.
- C. Patel and V. A. Deshpande, “A Review on Improvement in Overall,” Int. J. Res. Appl. Sci. Eng. Technol., vol. 4, no. November 2016, pp. 642–650, 2016.
- S. Perdana, E. Haviana, and H. H. Purba, “Overall Equipment Effectiveness Analysis to Define the Effectiveness of Yoshino I Machine : A Case Study in Manufacturing Industry,” J. Sci. Eng. Res., vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 25–31, 2018.
- S. Dutta and A. K. Dutta, “A Review on the experimental study of Overall Equipment Effectiveness of various machines and its improvement strategies through TPM implementation,” Int. J. Eng. Trends Technol., vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 224–232, 2016.
- M. Mâinea, L. Dutǎ, P. C. Patic, and I. Cǎciulǎ, “A method to optimize the Overall Equipment Effectiveness,” IFAC Proc. Vol., pp. 237–241, 2010.
- Seiichi Nakajima, Introduction to TPM: Total Productive Maintenance (Preventative Maintenance Series) (English and Japanese Edition). Productivity Pr; Eleventh Printing edition, 1988.
- Y. Parikh and P. Mahamuni, “Total Productive Maintenance : Need & Framework,” Int. J. Innov. Res. Adv. Eng., vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 126–130, 2015.
- R. Singh, A. M. Gohil, D. B. Shah, and S. Desai, “Total productive maintenance (TPM) implementation in a machine shop: A case study,” Procedia Eng., vol. 51, no. NUiCONE 2012, pp. 592–599, 2013.
- A. E. Susetyo, “Analisis Overall Equipment Effectivenes ( OEE ) Untuk Menentukan Efektivitas Mesin Sonna Web,” J. Sci. Tech, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 93–96, 2017.
- Rahmad, Pratikt, and S. Wahyudi, “Penerapan Overall Equipment Effectiveness (Oee) Dalam Implementasi Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) (Studi Kasus Di Pabrik Gula PT. ‘Y’.),” Rekayasa Mesin, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 431–437, 2012.
- W. Liu, W. Ye, J. Sun, Z. Dong, and Q. Wang, “KPOVs analytical memod based on improved weighted dynamic pareto chart,” Biotechnol. An Indian J., vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1917–1926, 2014.
- M. T. E. Team, “Cause and Effect Analysis. Identifying the Likely Causes of Problems,” 2014. [Online]. Available: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMC_03.htm.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.