INQUIRY-BASED LEARNING WORKSHEET TO IMPROVE UNDERSTANDING SCIENCE CONCEPTS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
This research was aim to find out the effect of Inquiry-Based Learning Worksheet to improve mastering science concepts in Elementary School. This research used quasi-experimental as a research method with a single group pretest-posttest research design. The observation was made twice in this research design that are done before the treatment and after the treatment. The observation that took before the treatment (O) is called pretest (initial test) and the observation that took after the observation is called post-test (final test). The difference or gai between initial test and final test are assumed to be the influence of the treatment. The result of this study suggest that inquiry learning based worksheet has an effect to improve the understading of science concepts with 0.68 N-Gain (Medium Category). This shows that student’s inquiry learning based worksheet can be used as teaching materials to improve their understanding of science concept.
- Anderson, R. D. Reforming science teaching: What research says about inquiry. Journal of Science Teacher Education, 13 (1), 1-12. (2002).
- Basey et. al. An evaluation of two hands-on lab styles for plant biodiversity in undergraduate biology. Journal CBE-Life ScinceEducation. Vol 13. 493-503.
- Dahar, R.W. Teori-teori Belajar.Jakarta: Erlangga. (1989).
- Emden, M. & Sumfleth, E. Assessing Student Experimentation Processes in Guided Inquiry. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 14:29-54 (2016).
- Fraenkel, J.R. & Norman E.W.(1993). How to Design and Evaluate Research in Education. New York. McGraw Hill Inc.
- Khoirul, Anam. Pembelajaran Berbasis Inkuiri. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar. (2015).
- Kudish, P. et.al. An inquiry-infused introductory biology laboratory that integrates mendel’s pea phenotypes with molecular mechanisms. Bioscene. 41(1). 10- 15. (2015).
- Millar, R. & Abrahams, I. (2009). Practical work: making it more effective. SSR. 91(344).
- National Research Council. (2000). Inquiry and the national science education standards. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- Putra, R.A., Sudargo, F Redjeki, S., dan Adianto. (2014). The Analysis of Concept Mastery andCritical Thinking Skills on Invertebrate Zoology Course. IJSR. 3 (3).
- Sulistyorini, S. (2007).Pembelajaran IPA Sekolah Dasar, Dan Penerapan Dalam KTSP.Yogyakarta: Unnes dan Tiara Wacana.